新規トピックを開始

FAQ on the usage of the e-CMR

Shipper

1. What is the ECMR and which countries have ratified it?

The ECMR is, as the name says, an electronic version of the paper CMR and serves as its replacement.

See attached gif for details concerning ratification.

2. In which countries can I use the ECMR?
See question 1.

3. What should I do as a shipper or exporter to use the ECMR?
All you need to do is register your company on https://apps.xynaps.net/ and contact Pionira to enable the numbering.
Companies who do not require numbering, since they do not create their own CMRs should still contact us, otherwise, they will not be able to manage their corporation’s account. Every company in the chain should have an account on Xynaps, to enable them to easily add their digital signatures on documents.

If you file a reuse request on Avantida, the draft ECMR will automatically be created on the Xynaps platform and you will receive a connection email that will enable you to register an account if you don’t have one yet.

4. How much does an ECMR cost?

The pricing of the ECMR is comparable to that of a paper CMR, however, the more you use, the lower the cost of every individual ECMR.

5. Can I integrate with my SAP or accountancy programs to process incoming CMRs?
Yes, Xynaps has an extensive API that allows connecting to just about every other piece of software. API details can be found on https://docs.xynaps.net/.

Brief description

Monthly fee (EUR)

Xynaps Data Plans on an annual volume basis (*)

£ Plan 1: annual volume to 3,999 document tokens

£ Plan 2: annual volume from 4,000 to 9,999 document tokens

£ Plan 3: annual volume from 10,000 to 19,999 document tokens

£ Plan 4: annual volume from 20,000 to 49,999 document tokens

£ Plan 5: annual volume from 50,000 to 99,999 document tokens

£ Plan 6: annual volume from 100,000 to 199,999 document tokens

£ Plan 7: annual volume 200,000 to 299,999 document tokens

0,19/token

£ Plan 8: annual volume 300,000 to 399,999 document tokens

0,18/token

£ Plan 9: annual volume 400,000 to 499,999 document tokens

0,17/token

£ Plan 10: annual volume + 500,000 document tokens

0,16/token

6. What is the time saved with an ECMR vs. a paper one?
Testing has shown that the ECMR provides an average time saved of 11 minutes per CMR.

7. What cost savings does an ECMR give me vs. a paper one?
A paper CMR costs on average 22.00 EUR, whereas an ECMR costs about 10.00 EUR.

8. What if my transporter and I do not want to use an ECMR?
The only valid alternative is a paper CMR.

9. Which events can I see? Do I get notified of events?
Every time your document changes states, you can be notified. This can be changed in the settings.

10. Geo fencing?
In collaboration with partners. Every signature on the CMR is geocoded, provided the device’s GPS is active.

11. What about issues with waiting hours or the location of drivers?
The ECMR is not related to this topic, nor is the platform intended to be used as a means of managing waiting hours. We do register waiting hours. All data is also exposed via API and can be fetched by external software.

Receiver

The ECMR is, as the name says, an electronic version of the paper CMR and serves as its replacement.

See question 1.

3. What should I do as a receiver to use the ECMR?
All you need to do is register your company on https://apps.xynaps.net/.
Companies who do not require numbering, since they do not create their own CMRs should still contact us, otherwise, they will not be able to manage their corporation’s account. Every company in the chain should have an account on Xynaps, to enable them to easily add their digital signatures on documents.

If you file a reuse request on Avantida, the draft ECMR will automatically be created on the Xynaps platform and you will receive a connection email that will enable you to register an account if you don’t have one yet.

4. How much does an ECMR cost?
See the following table. Bear in mind that a token is only used by the company creating the CMR, not if you merely receive one.

Brief description

Monthly fee (EUR)

0,19/token

0,18/token

0,17/token

0,16/token

5. Can I integrate with my SAP or accountancy programs to process incoming CMRs?
Yes, Xynaps has an extensive API that allows connecting to just about every other piece of software. API details can be found on https://docs.xynaps.net/

6. What is the time saved with an ECMR vs. a paper one?
Testing has shown that the ECMR provides an average time saved of 11 minutes per CMR.

7. What cost savings does an ECMR give me vs. a paper one?

8. Can I receive a paper CMR either way?
On the platform, any ECMR can be consulted and printed, in addition, you also receive the finalised document in your mailbox. Note that the digital version supercedes the printed version. The printed version only serves as verification/archive.

9. Can I see when a container has departed?
As soon as a load is signed for pickup, it gets updated in the platform. You can therefore see in real time when a driver has departed.

10. Which events can I see? Do I get notified of events?
Every time your document changes states, you can be notified. This can be changed in the settings.

Transporter

See question 1.

3. What if my cargo needs to pass through, or has its destination in Germany?
The only solution for a freight to or through Germany is using a paper CMR. Germany will be ratifying the ECMR in Q1 2021.

4. What should I do as a transporter to use the ECMR?
All you need to do is register your company on https://apps.xynaps.net/.
For use on the road, an app is offered that can be installed on any smart device. Integrations with Trimble and others is also possible.

5. How much does an ECMR cost?
See the following table. Bear in mind that a token is only used by the company creating the CMR, not if you merely receive one.

Brief description

Monthly fee (EUR)

0,19/token

0,18/token

0,17/token

0,16/token

6. Can I integrate with my SAP or accountancy programs to process incoming CMRs?
Yes, Xynaps has an extensive API that allows connecting to just about every other piece of software. API details can be found on https://docs.xynaps.net/.

7. What if I’m working with Transfollow or a different CMR provider? 

Interoperability needs to be set up in this case. This is already possible for a number of providers. If the demand is there, we are willing to extend this to other providers.

8. What is the time saved with an ECMR vs. a paper one?

9. What cost savings does an ECMR give me vs. a paper one?

10. What if I hand over the transport to a “charter without smartphone”?
You do not enjoy the price reduction with ECMR for reuse of MSC containers, hence the price remains at 45.00 EUR.

11. What if I offer my empty MSC container on the marketplace and another transporter uses it?
A transport who requests a re-use, commits themselves to using an ECMR. If not, they count as having opted out and pay the full price.

12. What if my transporter and I do not wish to use an ECMR?
This qualifies as an opt-out, which means you do not enjoy the price reduction.

13. What if I opted in anyway and pay 20.00 EUR in dynamic pricing, but don’t use the ECMR draft?
See the penalties in the terms and conditions in this event.

14. What if I do not report a re-use?
See the penalties in the terms and conditions in this event.

15. What if there are multiple pickup and delivery addresses for one trip?
The system will recognise if the load and/or delivery address is the same between different CMRs and will ask if you want to sign them in batch. You therefore need a separate CMR for every load, but they can be signed together where applicable.

16. What if I leave a container with the client where I’m used to leave the CMR attached to it?
The ECMR is available on the platform. You can view it by scanning a QR code, or by logging in on the platform.

17. How does the ECMR work in a case of multistop?
The driver receives all CMRs for all their stops, in the same manner as they would a paper CMR.

18. Is there an integration of VGM for weight via Avantida?
Integrations can be created where the weighing is automatically added to the CMR.