What exactly is a domestic reuse/street turn?
Where as our traditional reuse allows you to re-use an empty import container for a new export booking, domestic reuse gives you the option to re-use empty import containers for bookings within the USA and Canada, resulting in more flexibility and an even greater optimisation of your transport planning.
This new feature works almost the same way as a regular reuse:
- Instead of using the container for an export booking, this container will not go on a vessel but stays inland.
- For these requests you do not need to apply the export booking reference, but only a domestic booking reference that you have received from CMA.
Go to the tab 're-use empty container' and click on 'domestic reuse'
- Select a shipping company (CMA only)
- Select the origin location: place where this container is unloaded
- Select a destination location: where the container is needed.
- Fill in the container number
- Fill in the domestic booking reference
- If you want to request another container for the same booking reference, click on the 'duplicate' button
- If you want to request another container with a different booking reference, click on 'add a container'
- Select a domestic reuse date
- Reference client: not mandatory. This is a field that you can use freely
- Comment: not mandatory. This is a field that you can use freely
- Read the Terms and Conditions and accept them by checking the check box. (The button 'submit request' will now appear)
- Click on 'submit request'
2. You will be redirected to the reuse overview page where your request will appear as 'pending' (orange)
for a short while. Integration with our platform needs a short moment to get updated.
As soon as all checks are done, the status will change to 'approved' (green) or 'declined' (red)
3. Click on the double arrow in front of the request to see more details: when you filed the request or why your request has been rejected, …